I can’t believe August is here already and it’s time to make August goals. Summer is over in just a few short weeks and I don’t know where it went. This whole year feels like a blur honestly. We’ve had a wonderful summer. It’s been slow and family-centered. I’ve been able to slow down, figure out what I want and how to go about it for the first time in a long time. It’s been good and hard and sweet and redeeming in so many ways. And goodness, does it feel good to be writing again.
This pregnancy, while a true representation of God’s faithfulness, has been kicking my butt. Morning sickness thankfully seems to be over, the hiatal hernia and the sinus issues – well thankfully, they seem to be at bay right now.
It’s been months since I was able to make some goals and actually take action on them. It felt so good to sit down and put a little direction and purpose back into my life.
But Why Set Goals?
I am a purpose-driven person and if you’ve been around here for any length of time, I’m guessing you can relate to that. Goal setting used to overwhelm me, but without them I found myself lacking direction and productivity.
Here are three reasons I find it important to set goals:
- They help you get unstuck. When I am overwhelmed and sure where to start, it helps me to write down all the things running through my head and things I’d like to accomplish. While I am there brain dumping these ideas, there usually are items that take time and steps to complete – waaalaaa, there are my goals. I have since upgraded from just a random piece of paper to a simplified process that helps me find what’s important and then make actionable progress on a monthly, weekly and daily basis. Download my Monthly Purpose Plan printable here!
- They help you make progress on your dreams instead of them staying dreams. I can be a dreamer – like a big dreamer. It helps me to put these dreams down on paper, understand why I want them, and then make a plan on how to achieve these dreams.
- They give you purpose and direction. Instead of flying by the seat of my pants, goals help me make purposeful action and give me direction in the tasks I do. It’s so easy to fill time with scrolling social media or binging Netflix – but when I have goals set out, I can stop focusing on other people’s lives and design the life I want to be living.
- Bonus: Setting goals helps remind me to make imperfect progress. I try to give myself grace with my timelines and establish healthy habits through my goal setting. Tracking my goals allows me to see the progress I am making which encourages me to keep going.
Onto August goals! Here is what is on my Monthly Purpose Plan for the month ahead, all action steps from my 2021 goals.
August Monthly Goals:
- Back to School Shopping with the boys
- Create + Implement a Morning Routine
- Put Discovery documents together – hi-ho, hi-ho, back to court we go. One day I will be able to tell this story. But for now, your prayers would be so deeply appreciated.
- Plan products + launch SheSpeaksBraveCo.com – It’s so close. I have so many fun things planned!
- Enjoy the last few weeks of summer + finish our bucket list
- Find four purpose-driven ladies looking to change their hair and their lives
August Weekly Goals:
- Meal plan + grocery shop
- Plan, batch, + schedule content – I am really trying for consistency here.
- Sunday Prep + Plan
- Family Devotions at Dinner
August Daily Habits:
- Drink 64+ oz of water
- Bible time
- Personal Development – I am reading Jamie Kern Lima’s Believe It
- Move – now that I am finally feeling better, I am hoping to get back to the gym. I know this will help my labor, delivery, and recovery much easier.
- Write – it’s been a while since I’ve made writing or journaling a daily habit and I’d really like to get back to it.
Your turn! I’d love to hear what your goals are this month!