I’m gonna be honest for a minute. My shop was sucking the life out of me. It was taking time away from my kids, my home, and my friends. It was making pennies and was becoming something I wasn’t excited to wake up and do each day. So, I did a thing.
Folks – I am not afraid of the hustle. I love the hustle. I love building something out of nothing and learning new things every day. But there comes a time when the hustle turns into stubbornness and you need to take a step back and evaluate.
I knew God wasn’t telling me to close up my shop, but he was (and is) speaking very clearly that it was time to take a step back for a season. During that time of evaluation, an opportunity was presented to me. I was asked to join a team alongside many good friends to share about a product that I had been using for a while and loved.
At first, I thought it was crazy – I love to hustle, but I couldn’t hustle hard in my shop and hustle hard for this team. But, then again – I was in a time of evaluation, knowing I needed to adjust my focus. What if I stepped back from my shop for a season? What if I let it grow organically and stopped trying so hard? And this new opportunity – how would I fit in another thing?
Here were my deciding factors:
- I didn’t need to fit in another thing, my shop was going through a seasonal lull which opens a lot of time.
- The product works. I have used it for over six months and it really truly has been a game changer for my hair – I can easily stand behind Monat and know that I am backing a good product.
- This opportunity and position allows me to interact with people, with friends, instead of being stuck in a room with my sewing machine for hours on end (which I don’t mind doing, sometimes).
- I can do most of my work on my phone, which allows me to work anywhere and everywhere. After I drop the boys at school, when we are at the park, anywhere really which allows me to be on the go and still be able to get things done.
- No inventory – I don’t need to keep products in stock, I don’t need to ship anything out and I don’t need to spend money I don’t have to try to keep inventory that I am crossing my fingers I’ll sell.
- The company is exploding. It’s a ground floor opportunity that won’t be available in a year. I have watched it change friends lives (like actual people I know) in less than a year. Even if it takes me twice as long as them – it’s still an amazing opportunity.
So all of that to say, I did a thing, I made that decision a month ago and it has been one of the best months I’ve had in a while. I am still working hard but the hustle is so different. Sure I’ve had to step outside of my comfort zone a little, but where there is comfort, there is no growth. I got my first paycheck less than two weeks with the company. And it was more than I had made from my shop in the six weeks prior.
So I challenge you this – what is holding you back? Why are you afraid to take the leap? Let’s chat, either over real coffee or virtual coffee. I want to see this opportunity change your life just as it is changing mine.
Curious about Monat? Check out this post, it will tell you everything you wanted to know! Still have questions? Message me.
Oh and PS. I am enjoying sewing again. I’ve spent time just creating and it’s like a breath of fresh air.